Monday, April 30, 2012

Good Weekend, Good Life

I can't believe the weekend is over. Where does time go?? I had a great birthday weekend and my mom and wifey spoiled me!! Heck, my friends spoiled me too. My old co-workers took me out last Tuesday for lunch and we ate at Star Ginger near east Sacramento and I had the to-die for Pai-Thai. It was soooo good. Then Thursday my current co-worker took me to Capitol Garage downtown and it was the best meal I had in a long time!!!

Thursday I got my positive OPK. I am like clock work and lately have been getting them on CD 14. I went in for an ultrasound and my lining was at 11 and I had two follicles - one was 24 and the other was 18. The nurse said everything looked awesome.

That night I picked my mom up for some celebrating -- we did some major damage at the Ann Taylor Outlet in Vacaville. Then we had Chick-Fil-A!! Yummy!!

Friday morning we were up and out the door for acupuncture at 9 a.m. Then the IUI at 11:20 and back to acupuncture. During the post appointment I experienced an overwhelming sense of peace and relaxation with a gold type light/feeling through out my body -- hopefully this meant something good. After acupuncture we went and got pedi's and did a little more shopping before dinner. We ate at Fat's and Roseville and it was by far the worst meal I've had in a long time with mediocre service.

So, my 6th IUI was a day filled with happy thoughts and fun happenings.

Wifey made my birthday special; surprising me with flowers, balloons and bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. We went and saw "The Lucky One" -- it was okay and then we had dinner with our friend. Oh, and Jake got his splint off on the morning of my birthday. He broke his toe really bad two months ago and it has been a costly experience.

It was a great weekend -- and in two weeks we will know if this cycle worked. If not we change donors and decide to do one more round of clomid or move on to injectables. I hope we do not have to make these decisions.

To all those in their TWW or newly pregnant -- I am sending positive sticky vibes!!!

Happy Monday!!!

1 comment: