Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Modified Bed Rest

We are still in the early part of this pregnancy and it has been a wild roller coaster. After Fridays scare we had an appointment with our nurse practitioner (NP) Monday. Our little peanut looked good on the ultrasound and she was not sure why we bleed. The NP put me off work for the week to rest.

After the appointment we had to go to member services to get my FMLA paperwork done. Then we ran some errands. I was on my feet more than I had been all weekend. Well around 9:30. I felt a gush and ran to the bathroom. I bleed through my panty liner and underwear. The blood was coming so fast I felt I could not get off the toilet. I called the advice nurse and they told me to go to the ER. When we got there we were quickly taken back. Less than 30 minutes later we saw the little peanut on the ultrasound and it was moving and the heart was beating. The ER doctor could not figure out why I was bleeding. I was sent home to rest.

We decided to do bed rest and yesterday went well barely any spotting only when I wiped did I see brownish/red blood. I also emailed my NP to let her know what was going on. She emailed me back today and agreed that I need to be on modified bed rest and we will reevaluate at the end of the week. So for the week I am home and on the couch. It's boring but I will do whatever it takes to keep this baby safe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your little peanut is doing good. What a scary week, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. It seems like your body is telling you to slow things down so it's great that you're resting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, you just keep having scare after scare! I'm so sorry that this has to be difficult for you! Hope things are well now that you are taking a rest! I'm glad to see that the heartbeat is fine and everything looks good - hope that continues with less gushing!

    ReplyDelete