Lots to share. I can't believe its been 26 days since I last posted. Okay, yes I can believe. This pregnancy has been harder than I thought it would be and I am just plain scared something will happen. So I try not to talk about it!!
So first... Thank you to the mommies over at More than Words for nominating my little blog for the Liebster Award!!!
For those of you who have never heard of the Liebster Award, it’s basically an awesome way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (with 200 followers or less) for the contributions they make to the blogosphere.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
And here are my 11 questions:
1. What is the first thing you noticed about your spouse/partner? Wow... I am not really sure. Wifey is the whole package... smart and sexy. I would say I was first attracted to her personality.
2. If you could relive one day of your life, which would it be? The first time I was with my Wifey!! Second would be the day I graduate college... whoot, whoot!!!!
3. Dogs or cats? Dogs - 100% DOGS - LOVE German Shepherds!!!
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? hmm... stressful people.
5. What is your idea of the perfect day? Any day I can spend with the Wifey.
6. What is one television show you watch/DVR every week? Law & Order Special Victims Unit
7. Are you a saver or a spender? Spender. but my Wifeys ways are rubbing off on me and I am becoming for frugal.
8. What made you want to start blogging? I wanted to document this process. Plus when I first looked into starting a family, I read all the lesbian blogs I could find and I hope someday someone who is just starting finds my little blog and finds its helpful!!!
9. What is the best movie you’ve seen in the past year? Good question. I really like Zero Dark Thirty. She kicked ass!!!
10. Do you have a signature dish? If so, what is it? No... I cook pretty simple.
Okay... her comes the hard part. I am suppose to nominate 11 blogs. But I know a ton of the blogs I read have already gotten this award. So sorry... if you getting again!!
Opening the Door
2 Moms- It can be done!
Now for my 11 questions...
1. What has TTC taught you and your partner?
2. Where would you go on vacation if money was not an issue?
3. Do you have pets? And if so what type and their names?
4. Favorite Meal - Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner and what do you prefer to eat for this meal.
5. Fall or Spring?
6. Favorite winter activity?
7. Who has influenced your life the most (family member, friend, teacher)
8. If you could re-do one thing what would it be?
9. How many kids do you and your partner want or are you done?
10. Favorite thing to do on the weekends?
11. Why did you start blogging?
As for life and pregnancy, things are truckin right along. We had another scare this week. Sunday night I woke up about 11 p.m. bleeding. When this happens its so scary. The only good thing is that it was not gushing. So we went to the ER. The doctor was the biggest jerk and he was the Chief of Emergency Services. He told me and Wifey before checking me out that the pregnancy was either ectopic or I was miscarrying. We told him we are 17 weeks pregnant and have seen the baby several times so we knew it was not ectopic. He did a pelvic exam and said it looked like my cervix was closed but it could be opening. He would not do an ultrasound and did not want to call a tech in. So we left after wasting $50 around 12:45 and I was up all night scared that something could go wrong. At 6 a.m I called the line to get an appointment with an OBGYN. We went in at 11:15 and the baby was in there moving and its little heart was beating strong. She checked my cervix and it was measuring 3.6. She could see fluid in my cervix and the internal pelvic showed lots of brown mucus. But she could not say why I bled again. They labelled it again a threatened miscarriage. This has been pretty stressful; I get scared that something is going to happen at any second but I have to keep thinking positive that this little baby is strong and will keep baking away! We go back to the doctor on the 5th and then we go for our big ultrasound for the gender on the 12th. Oh how I can wait.
While, I have not wanted to jinx this pregnancy... I finally bit the bullet and we bought our first piece of furniture. Buy Buy baby was having a great sale on a crib and changing table. But they did not have them in stock so we paid for one of the 4 that were being shipped. A day after paying we got a call they were no longer getting them. I really liked the crib, so Wifey found it on Walmart.com and ordered it. Today she picked it up and tomorrow we are going to put it together.
Also, my belly is getting bigger; I will have to take a picture soon. It is a really strange feeling. I just want to start enjoying this pregnancy.