Monday, April 16, 2012

Emotions

I know I have talked about this to death on my blog... but it is my blog and it has been a rough couple of weeks. We did IUI #5 on the 30th of March and on Friday the 13th I got my period. I was devastated. I thought for sure that I was pregnant, but I was just playing head games with myself.

We have one more vial left in storage and the wifey has decided we need to take a break after this last try. This will be IUI #6. I never thought we would get this far into the process. But here we are.

Today, I had my clomid check and my follicles all look good. We are going to try something different this round and on the day of my positive OPK I am going to have a ultrasound instead of waiting till the next day.

So we are on to IUI #6 and I have mixed emotions. I have been very sad recently because of this process... the roller coaster it takes you on and the break we may have to take. The thought of taking a break hurts my heart so bad. I've been waiting so long to get to this point and now to be here and then have to take break is devastating.

Well, I need to think positive about this upcoming IUI. Maybe it will work as I should be getting the positive OPK around my birthday and we will inseminate the day before or the day of my birthday and this year is the big 3-0.

Tonight I have acupuncture and tomorrow I start clomid and the next two week wait till the insemination.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on some of your posts - seems like it's been a long road. I am hopeful that this is the one! While it hopefully won't resort to break time, I will say that our unscheduled break between a try that didn't work and the try that did was very very hard for me to wrap my head around but very very good once I was in it - I didn't realize how stressed I had been until I wasn't constantly thinking about where I was in the cycle and worrying about when the OPK would turn positive.

    ReplyDelete