Wednesday, May 29, 2013

10 weeks

We are 10 weeks tomorrow and today we had an ultrasound. The baby is measuring 9 weeks 5 days. 2 days behind... It worried me a little but the nurse practitioner (NP) assured me the baby looked great!!! 

We saw the heart beating again, little legs and arms and even little fingers. It was so awesome. The NP also let us hear the heartbeat again. At first the baby was squirming around so much that a flat line appeared for a second and my heart dropped but the. She picked up the heartbeat. The little baby was very active today!! Toward the end of the ultrasound she asked if we wanted her to predict the gender... we both said heck ya. From the start I've thought it was a boy. Well guess what she said she thought she saw 3 lines which means its a girl. We won't know for sure for awhile but it was fun to get this prediction!!!!

The NP ordered a glucose test for me... So this Saturday I will be taking it. I really hope I pass so I do not have to take the three hour  test. 

Well, I can't believe we are already this far. I am so excited and still a little scared. But I guess this will never go away... 

In other news I had 5 straight days off and only worked a half a day today. Not really sure how I am going to handle going back. My afternoon naps have been magnificent!! At least it's only 2 full days this week! 

Baby dust to those trying and thinking of my fellow sisters who are growing their little ones!!!

3 comments:

  1. so happy that things are moving along so swiftly. so fun to see them when they're so tiny! as unbelievable as it is to see them this early, its even more unbelievable when they get here and you think back on moments like these. hope you're feeling good, so lucky you got to take so many naps. im jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot to the baby girl news!! Can't wait to find out for sure! :) Glad to hear everything is looking great, though, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...can't believe they made a prediction at 10 weeks! That's great! And don't worry about the 2 days behind, as they can be out a week either side for most of the way! Mine has been small all the way!
    Good-luck for the Glucose test! I just got my results back and have gestational diabetes! I'm shocked as I'm a fitness freak/health freak, but turns out it can be a genetic thing and there is nothing I can do about it other than stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete